Coming attractions: 8 Regal theaters reopening in Va. this Friday
18 more will reopen a week later
Just in time for the premiere of “Those Who Wish Me Dead,” Friday will mark the opening of eight Regal movie theaters across Virginia, part of a nationwide partial reopening of the cinema chain.
Although some states have had multiple Regal multiplexes open since April, Virginia had only two open as of Thursday, in Springfield and Gainesville. By next Friday, May 21, Regal plans to reopen 18 more Virginia theaters, including several in the Hampton Roads area.
The marquee includes Lionsgate’s “Spiral,” with “A Quiet Place Part II” and the next offering from the Fast & Furious franchise, “F9,” opening in coming weeks, Regal said in its announcement Thursday.
There will be appropriate safety and health guidelines in place that follow CinemaSafe protocol, Regal said.
Theaters opening Friday include:
- Regal Kingstowne ScreenX & RPX, Alexandria
- Regal Dulles Town Center, Dulles
- Regal Short Pump & IMAX, Richmond
- Regal Commonwealth & IMAX, Midlothian
- Regal Westchester Commons, Midlothian
- Regal Southpark Mall, Colonial Heights
- Regal River Ridge, Lynchburg
- Regal Stonefield ScreenX & IMAX, Charlottesville