Kroger opens second Richmond-area ClickList at Midlothian store
The second Richmond-area ClickList location will open on Thursday at the Kroger store at 3001 Polo Parkway in Midlothian.
The online-ordering service began in the Richmond market in March at the Chester Kroger Marketplace. Starting Thursday, Midlothian shoppers can visit www.kroger.com/onlineshopping, create an account and then select the ClickList location.
In addition, Kroger plans to open a third ClickList location in mid-June at its Short Pump store at 11895 West Broad St. The grocery chain plans a total of 11 ClickList locations throughout the Richmond area to open this year. Those locations are:
· Kroger Marketplace – 10800 Iron Bridge Road, Chester, 23831 (Opened March 2016)
· Kroger – 3001 Polo Parkway Midlothian, 23113 (Opening May 19)
· Kroger – 11895 W. Broad St., Henrico, 23233 (Opening in June)
· Kroger – 14101 Midlothian Turnpike, Midlothian, 23113
· Kroger – 13201 Rittenhouse Drive, Midlothian, VA 23112
· Kroger Marketplace – 7000 Tim Price Way, North Chesterfield, 23225
· Kroger Marketplace – 9000 Staples Mill Road, Henrico, 23228
· Kroger Marketplace – 9351 Atlee Road, Mechanicsville, 23116
· Kroger – 12726 Jefferson Davis Highway, Chester, 23831
· Kroger – 1510 Eastridge Rd., Richmond, 23229
· Kroger – 3507 W. Cary St., Richmond, VA 23221
At each opening, Kroger said it would waive the online shopping fee of $4.95 for a customer’s first three orders. Each ClickList location offers more than 40,000 items, including fresh meat and produce.
To use the service, customers log in to their accounts, create a shopping list, select a pick-up time and place an order. Once an order is placed, a Kroger store employee shops the store to fulfill the order and stores it in temperature-appropriate zones until the customer arrives.
When the customer arrives to the designated pick-up area, a store employee loads the order into the customer’s car. Payment is made at time of pick-up. Pharmacy prescriptions are not included in the program.