More companies added to major anniversaries list
In its 30th anniversary issue in March, Virginia Business highlighted a number of companies in the commonwealth that are celebrating major milestones this year.
Since that issue went to press, more major anniversaries have come to light, including:
- PRA Group, based in Norfolk, acquires and collects nonperforming loans. It has 3,800 employees worldwide.
- Reston Hospital Center, a 187-bed acute-care hospital in Reston, is part of the HCA Virginia Health System.
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly, based in Richmond, reports on state and federal court decisions and state agency rulings.
- ECPI University, based in Virginia Beach, has campuses throughout Virginia offering degrees in areas such as technology, business, criminal justice, health science and culinary arts.
- HHHunt Corp., a real estate development company, has headquarters locations in Blacksburg, Glen Allen and Raleigh, N.C.
- Rutherfoord, A Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC, a major risk management and insurance brokerage, has offices from Philadelphia to the Gulf Coast, including five Virginia cities.
- Bank of Clarke County, based in Berryville, is celebrating its anniversary in April. It was incorporated in 1881.
Also, one of the companies already on the list is a lot older than we gave it credit for. Sumitomo Drive Technologies is 50 years old, not 30, and has been in Chesapeake for 28 years.
All of these have been added to the major anniversaries list.