Northrop Grumman Corp. makes list of top companies for diversity
Falls Church-based Northrop Grumman Corp. has been ranked 35th on DiversityInc's annual list of the Top 50 Companies for Diversity.
The company is the top-rated aerospace and defense company on the list and ranked No.1 on a specialty list on support of veterans.
“The defense contractor has been actively working on talent-development initiatives for women, Blacks, Latinos and Asians, as well as LGBT people and people with disabilities,” DiversityInc. said. “The company hires a significant number of veterans and has a program called Operation IMPACT to help them transition to civilian life.”
Each company's rank on the list is based on analysis of 183 factors, using information from a 300-question survey. The weighted areas of measurement include talent pipeline, equitable talent development, CEO/leadership commitment and supplier diversity.
Criteria for the company’s veterans ranking include:
• Percentage of workforce, new hires and managers who are veterans
• Whether recruitment efforts are aimed at veterans
• Whether hiring practices include accommodations for spouses of veterans
• Having and utilizing an employee resource group for veterans
• Percentage of philanthropic endeavors aimed at veterans
• Percentage of procurement spent with veterans with disabilities
The DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity list began in 2001.