Two Va. hospitals ranked in nation’s top 100
Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church and Sentara Leigh Hospital in Norfolk were in the top 2% of the America’s Best Hospitals survey released Tuesday.
Healthgrades has named its 2020 list of the top 250 hospitals in the United States, and two Virginia hospitals landed in the top 100.
Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church and Sentara Leigh Hospital in Norfolk are in the top 2% of the America’s Best Hospitals survey released Tuesday. Inova Fairfax was recognized as one of the country’s top 50 hospitals for cardiac surgery and in the top 100 for cardiac care and general surgery. In the survey, 83% of patients polled “definitely recommend” the hospital.
Sentara Leigh marked its second year in the top 100 hospitals, and 85% of its patients polled “definitely recommend” the hospital. It received recognition as one of the top 100 hospitals for critical care, pulmonary care and stroke care.
The annual ranking is based on hospital performance, clinical outcomes, patient safety and patient experience. Healthgrades analyzed nearly 4,500 hospitals across the country in 32 conditions and procedures, including heart attack, heart failure, respiratory failure, sepsis and stroke.
Nine other Virginia hospitals were in the top 250, or top 5%:
- Centra Lynchburg General Hospital
- CJW Medical Center – Chippenham (Richmond)
- Henrico Doctors’ Hospital (Richmond)
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
- Inova Loudoun Hospital (Leesburg)
- Sentara Careplex Hospital (Hampton)
- Sentara Obici Hospital (Suffolk)
- Sentara Princess Anne Hospital (Virginia Beach)
- Sentara RMH Medical Center (Harrisonburg)